Resumes are tools that can help you crack an interview, but a resume alone cannot get you hired. At the same time, a resume that is not updated can cost you a potential job opening in a company. Being on the technical side of the industry, it is important for you to update your resume over the period of time.
A network engineer is an information technology professional, who is responsible for designing, troubleshooting and implementing computer networks. A network engineer mainly concentrates on developing network architecture, network devices and network policies using different network protocols.
Here are some pointers that can help you write a better resume as a network engineer:
- Since the job of a network engineer is related to core technical things, the resume should mainly focus on the technical skills and knowledge you have gained in your learning years (if you are a fresher) and from your previous job experiences (if you are applying for a new position).
- Employers look for technicians who are knowledgeable and skillfully updated. A network engineer must be fluent with computer related skills and networking fundamentals, which should be visible on the resume.
- Clearly mention the training and certification that you have received, with technical skills and attained degrees. This will let your employer know about your potentialities.
- Experienced network engineers should put a summary section that summarizes their work during their past job.
- A resume of a network engineer should also focus on your accomplishments, initiatives and efforts and efficiency in your performance. Concentrate on the most notable technical projects.
- Relevant terms and terminologies for the specific job profile as a network engineer must be clearly distinctive on the resume.
- Experience section is another important factor that employers look in a network engineer resume. Highlight the success you achieved in various project and briefly explain your role. Include the name of the organization in which you have worked earlier and explain how your performance impacted the company in a positive way.